Senior Engineer, Principal Engineer
General intention and expectations of candidate:
- Individual contributor with primary responsibility for specifying and implementing processes and tools to support development, debugging, and testing for storage product
- The successful candidate will be able to participate in the architecture, design, and implementation of our product, and provide significant input during the development process with regards to maintainability, testability, automatability, etc.
- The candidate will participate in designing / selecting, implementing and developing our company's development and testing tools, processes and methodology.
- BS + 5years¡¯ experience, MS + 3years¡¯ experience. MS highly desired. The candidate should have a degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
- Experience developing, developing tools for, or implementing development tools for mission critical IT infrastructure products
- Experience implementing and / or deploying one or more of automated unit, functional and system testing, debugging, profiling, requirements tracing, source code control, continuous integration, test coverage analysis tools
- Experience as an integral member of an engineering team that developed IT infrastructure products
- Expert level object oriented programming skills in Perl or Java
- Coding skills in SOAP, Python or Bash
- Experience developing applications that utilize VMware¡¯s virtual infrastructure API
- Experience integrating development tools (source control, defect tracking, test case management)
- Experience with database configuration/administration (MySQL)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of test processes and methodologies including design for test and automated test