Principal Engineer (Wireless Modem)
- Research and develop advanced receiver algorithms for WCDMA/HSPA+, LTE modem
- Simulate, analyze and optimize fixed-point designs in comprehensive PHY Simulator under various RF imperfections and fading channels to meet modem performance requirements.
- Work with HW and SW design teams to implement and verify the feature on real-time multi-core SoC.
- Guide System Test to characterize and optimize modem performance in lab and on the field.
- MS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 6years of related experience or PhD in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Prior experience in developing signal processing algorithms for WCDMA/HSPA+ is a must.Experience with LTE PHY algorithms development is a plus.
- Strong theoretical background in Wireless Communications and Digital Signal Processing.
- Strong expertise in designing mobile receiver algorithms: RAKE,Multi-user Detection, IRC, Interference Cancellation, MIMO Equalization, CQI etc.
- Expert in mapping standards requirements to algorithm design and generating HW and SW design specifications for multi-core SoC.
- Fluent in fixed-point PHY simulations: Matlab, C/C++.
- Must have good understanding of WCDMA/HSPA+ PHY layer standards.
- Experience with R7 and R8 HSPA+ features is a strong plus.
- Experience with algorithm optimization for ASIC implementation or DSP is a plus.
- Experience in working closely with test teams for evaluating and debugging Modem in a lab and field environment is a plus.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; inherent sense of urgency and accountability.
- Must demonstrate good analysis and problem-solving skills and have effective interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Diligent, detail-oriented, and willing to take initiative and handle assignments with minimal supervision.