Test Engineering Manager
- 1. Responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise to a highly skilled team of test engineers and technicians.
- 2. Plan and execute production test projects, ensuring timely delivery of reliable and safe test systems.
- 3. Provide hands on technical leadership and expertise to drive outstanding results for all production test engineering activities:
a. Test systems architecture.
b. Test system project management: planning, work break down, timeline development, and validation of test systems to support NPI without affecting product ramp up.
c. Test system design, hardware and software.
d. New product test construction, deployment, and maintenance.
e. Capacity planning for test systems.
f. Statistical data analysis of test results, optimization of test methods and durations.
g. Design reliable automation systems to meet aggressive test duration goals with minimal downtime.
h. Ongoing life cycle of test systems, implement preventative actions to drive productivity and safety improvements.
i. Daily support of production test, troubleshooting of issues, logging of failures, auditing of production test results.
j. Provide training for test systems and procedures to production test personnel.
- 4. Drive product yield improvement initiatives.
- 5. Directly support complex hardware/software troubleshooting of production failures as needed.
- 6. Integration with engineering design teams to provide design for test requirements, provide feedback on trends to improve designs so test is facilitated.
- 7. Lead auditing of all aspects of production test.
- 8. Participate and lead PFMEA activity for new inverter designs. Ensure test system design is an effective implementation of the process control plans.
- 9. Manage, develop, and recruit test engineering team members to support business requirements.
a. Monitor and continuously improve performance, administer ongoing performance reviews, and other duties as needed to effectively manage the team.
- 10. Coordinate directly between hardware, software, reliability, and manufacturing teams to understand, correct, and eliminate complex electronics failure modes.
- 11. Manage documentation for test engineering team, in collaboration with other engineering and operations.