Senior SW Engineer/Architect
- Understand the requirements from the engineering teams and architect the specifications and requirement documents, provide leadership to software developers in domain knowledge and architecting scalable solutions, and provide leadership in defining software components/IP in Network attached products.
- As a network-attached storage engineer, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic group which influences and guides our Software teams. You will be responsible for defining the architecture for various components of the Software modules and User interfaces.
- The ideal candidate for the position has experience in the analysis of complex networking and communications between nodes and components. A working knowledge of NAS and interfaces is desirable. The candidate is expected to assist in the development of NAS products and managing products with customers and development teams.
- As a network- attached engineer and architect, you will be directly responsible for all aspects of development and verification of code in the areas of Embedded Systemí»s Linux Kernel and all the supports required such as tool chains and compiling the code.
- Additional knowledge of Device Driver Development, Carrier Grade and Linux C Programming is required.
- This position requires a program management skill set, plus hands-on experience, and track records on helping the team in technical issues and closing the open issues with customers.
- BS in CS/EE with 15+ years of relevant experience, or MS with 10+ years of related experience.
- Embedded system analysis, SW design, and development.
- Functional knowledge of one/more industry standard bus interfaces ( PCIe , SPI, USB, SATA etc; ) and memory interfaces (DDR2, DDR3 etc.).
- Hands-on experience for all aspects of Software development process with proficiency in network-attached storage devices architecture.
- Experience in architecture of high speed (>1 GHz) /high performance embedded processor SOC products.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, Linux shell, and C/C++.
- Understanding of board level design issues and debug required.
- Experience using high speed lab equipment and the ability to debug complex systems required.
- Excellent communication skills to interface internally and externally with customers, and software development activities with teams in India.
- Demonstrated good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to define problems, issues and opportunities, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions from various datasets.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.