Senior Diagnostics/Firmware Engineer
- Participate in the bringup and validation of various components related to our hardware (CPU cores, memory interfaces, SATA interfaces, PCIe ports, networking interfaces).
- Develop Diagnostics programs that help in Hardware Design Validation.
- Collaborate with ODMs/OEMs to clearly understand business objectives, customer needs, and product requirements.
- Create and maintain software design documentation.
- Implement unit testing and debugging software according to specifications and conforming to the coding standards.
- Participate in code review, requirements, risk analysis, code profiling and tuning.
- Detailed knowledge of low level hardware and protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of u-boot and Linux programming environments.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing low level diagnostics.
- Must have experience dealing with ODMs/OEMs and have a sound understanding of industry standard diagnostics expected from silicon vendors.
- Must have experience bringing up complex hardware and debugging design defects.
- Sound knowledge of common tools; Profilers, Debuggers & GCC.
- Understanding of CPUs, RAM and their architecture.
- Programming language: C, C++, Scripting and assembly.
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.