Senior CAD Engineer (Physical Design)
- Developing, enhancing and maintaining the high performance Place & Route Flow using the industry standard EDA tools
- Drive methodologies that will enable successful integration of place and route blocks into our full chip.
- Work closely with RTL design team in taking their blocks (coded in Verilog) through Place & Route Flow (macro cell floor planning, placement, routing etc.) and generating backend views that meet area and timing requirements.
- Work on block level physical verification? tasks using a combination of in-house and industry standard tools.
- Writing scripts in TCL and Perl to achieve higher performance designs and productivity enhancements through automation.
- BSEE or MS with 7-10 years of physical CAD experience.
- Physical design knowledge, from netlist handoff to GDS tape out including floor planning, place and route, clock tree synthesis, timing closure and physical verification
- Experience with one or more of the industry standard Place and Route tool is a must.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl/TCL is required.
- Good understanding of high speed digital design is a plus.
- Diligent, detail-oriented, and handle assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must possess good communication skills, self-driven individual and a good team player.